Are you egg-cited for Easter, but searching for ways to save on all the holiday necessities? These simple and practical ideas will leave you more time to search for Easter eggs instead of extra cash.
- Avoid buying a new basket or bucket every year. Reuse last year’s basket or decorate an old plastic ice cream tub.
- Instead of buying prefilled baskets, make your own. You can save up to 50% when making your basket. Fill your child’s basket with their favorite snacks and cereals. Head over to the dollar store for some fillers.
- Don’t waste your time and money coloring multiple dozens of eggs. Drop the number of eggs you are decorating down and replace the rest with plastic eggs that can be used over and over again.
- Bake instead of buying Easter treats. Cookies and cupcakes are always the hit.
- Find ways to include items your child needs in their basket. This can be as basic as school supplies, socks, sunglasses, or personal care products.
- Shop in advance. The best time to prep for next Easter is to check out the discount sales the day after Easter of this year. Candy, clothes, decor, egg decorating kits, and baskets will all be discounted, up to 75% off!
Spring into savings this Easter with these egg-specially simple changes.