Inevitably, life gets messy. Staying organized in the areas you can control will help reduce your stress level on even the busiest of days. Here are 8 quick tips to set you on your way to an organized, stress-free lifestyle even if you’re on the go.
- Put Items Away Now, Not Later
- Use the 2 Year Rule. If you haven’t worn a piece of clothing or a pair of shoes in two years, chances are you won’t miss it. The time to donate or toss forgotten items is now.
- Categorize your lists and make them digital. Ditching paper lists and adding them to Key Ring will make them easy to find and almost impossible to lose. Take it one step further and separate your lists in categories: To-Do, To-Get, To-Contact, To-Clean, etc.
- De-Clutter Your Key Ring by adding loyalty cards, gift cards, and membership cards to Key Ring. You might even take enough cards out of your wallet to be able to fit your entire phone in!
- Keep three separate hampers (whites, colors, and delicates) to streamline laundry time.
- Organize books by genre (entertainment, educational, reference, etc.) to make it easy for you to find a good book even if you’re not sure what you’re looking for.
- Transfer the last few ounces of shampoo, conditioner, body scrub and lotion from the old bottle to the new bottle.
- Invest in glass storage containers for pre-chopped fruits and vegetables, leftovers, and pre-made meals. The expense is worth it.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest for more tips to stay organized. Have any organizing tips of your own? Tweet them to @KeyRingApp! We’d love to share your ideas with your fellow Key Ring users.