If you’re looking for a Labor Day recipe your guests will devour, whip up this simple, homemade guacamole. Your guests will be impressed (and the whole appetizer takes less than fifteen minutes to make!). We’re always thinking of ways to save you money and time. Add the Labor Day recipe ingredients to your list in Key Ring so you won’t forget anything at the store. Save money by exploring the weekly sales section for sales on any of the ingredients or chips to go with your dip. You can add any sale items to your guacamole list directly from the weekly sales section.
Here’s what you’ll need to make some tasty guacamole:
2 Tomatoes, diced
½ Onion, diced
1 Mango, diced (optional)
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp. Jalapeño Juice
2 tsp. Fresh lime juice
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Pepper
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the core. Use a spoon to scrape the pulp into a medium-sized bowl.
- Use a fork to stir and mash the avocados until they are smooth.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic and cilantro. Stir all of the ingredients together until they are evenly distributed. (If you’re opting for mango guacamole, stir them in now)
- Stir in the Jalapeno Juice and the lime juice.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir until evenly distributed.
- Serve with tortilla chips
Tip: If you’re making your guacamole a few hours before your party, place an avocado core in the bowl and cover it. This will help prevent your appetizer from turning brown. Store the guacamole in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve!
Keep up with our blog for more creative ways for saving money and time with Key Ring. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for more shopping app tips and tricks. We hope you enjoy our Labor Day recipe!